Taashtime is India’s most trusted online rummy site! Taash means “playing cards” in Hindi. The site is dedicated to providing the best card games experience and currently you can play online rummy. The primary purpose of Taashtime is to provide wholesome entertainment to individuals, their family, friends and colleagues. Taashtime provides true Indian rummy, a classic rummy experience and provides the most real feel to online rummy. Taashtime provides the largest variety of rummy: Syndicate games (Pool rummy), Stake games (Points rummy), Best of Three, Best of Five, Summit (a forward ladder pool rummy). Taashtime also has rummy tournaments with both free entry and paid entry!
We deployed Play Rummy for free play on Facebook.
- Step by step tutorial to explain the game to new users.
- Users can play with free money for fun as well as with real money.
- 2 player tables and 6 player tables are available
- Provides different variants like forward ladder, reverse ladder and point rummy.
- Game logs to replay any played game by the users.
- Private chat in the game room and public chat in the lobby with emoticons.
- Ability to play multiple tables simultaneously, can support up to 6-7 game instances which is more than enough for hardcore rummy players.
- 3 ways to discard a card. Select and discard, double click to discard & drag and drop to discard.
- I was responsible to develop the client side of the game from scratch.
- Before starting the development I spent some time on research and finalizing features for best user experience.
- I was actively involved with the server side developer for preparing client server communication protocol.
- I was also involved with the design team throughout the development.
- Besides implementing the core game I was also responsible for adding bells and whistles to give the application a complete look.
- And after development I was taking care of maintenance and implementing new features.
- The biggest challenge in front of me was to get started. doing the research and coming up with the requirement and list of features to implement.
- Another biggest challenge for me was user experience. During the research I tried out several other rummy games but none of them felt as good as I wanted. I came up with a new way of grouping and arranging of cards which made the game play a lot more comfortable for users, which comes very handy while playing multiple tables simultaneously.
- Performance and memory leaks, It is another key issue I faced while development. The idea of playing at 3 or 4 tables at once was a great challenge. But I was able to overcome it and able to support up to 6-7 tables simultaneously.